Anyone can train to become a microchip implanter and you don’t need any existing qualifications to begin. Whether you are a breeder, wanting to be able to microchip your own litters, or work elsewhere in the pet industry, offering microchip implanting can be a valuable asset to your business.
At iDLogic, we recommend Peddymark Implanter training courses. Any microchip training must be undertaken by an approved trainer and Peddymark has achieved the highest approval status by DEFRA and The Secretary of State, The Scottish Secretary of State and The Welsh Assembly to train in England, Scotland and Wales respectively.
Standards of training vary greatly, for example some training companies only offer implanter training on "dummy" animals, which isn't an approach that offers the best level of training. Professional training courses will teach you through a theory test (often taken online) followed by practical real-world training which includes how to handle live animals correctly when chipping. This not only avoids any unexpected issues when implanting a live animal, but also gives trainees the confidence to manage even the most difficult patients!
Peddymark offer the highest level of microchip implanter training, they have a nationwide network of microchip implanting trainers that offer flexible training dates dependant on your needs. They can train you in your own home or at your business premises. Their trainers are assessed annually in order to comply with the highest standards set out by DEFRA.
Training courses can be organised for groups or individuals at very competitive prices and include:-
- Training on the practical procedure and theory of microchipping
- Understanding Health and Safety related issues
- Understanding the registration process for microchipped animals on your chosen database and how this positively affects swift reunification of any pet with its owner
- Training manual and referral notes
- A qualified trainer who will remain your point of contact should you need any support following the training
- Certificate awarded upon completion
- Your own unique Implanter Code (PIN) upon completion
If you would like an instant personalised quotation for your implanter training, please complete the form below. We will use the details that you enter to estimate the cost of your training, which will be displayed on this page in just a couple of seconds. We will not use this data to contact you, however Peddymark may contact you at a later date to see if you would like any more information about microchip implanter training.